Flyscreens are installed on doors and windows to prevent insects and flies from entering houses while ensuring sufficient ventilation. These screens are made to keep out harmful pests while letting in natural light and fresh air. Flyscreens are frequently installed at homes, businesses, and conservatories and provide a practical solution to maintain comfortable and insect-free areas inside buildings and homes.
You can buy high-quality fly screens from Premier Screens, a UK-based company. They customized screens for doors and windows of any size and shape. All their screens are made of aluminium and polished with polyester. Whether you’re looking for PVC strip curtains, or flyscreens for doors and windows, they have everything in their bucket.
Flyscreens are a great option for sliding doors since they fit and move perfectly with the door panels. They provide stronger protection against mosquitoes and other insects, enabling homes to enjoy fresh air without sacrificing safety or overall look. They are suitable for crowded entrances and glasshouses with sliding doors.
Benefits of Fly Screens for Sliding Doors
- Prevent Insects: Fly screens are an efficient way to prevent insects from entering your living areas, creating a healthy atmosphere.
- Proper Ventilation: Screens for sliding doors facilitate natural ventilation by allowing fresh air to flow throughout the space, which lowers the use of air conditioning, thereby reducing energy bills.
- Comfort: Enjoy a calm and comfortable indoor environment free from flies, and other insects.
- Better View: The transparent mesh construction allows for a clear and better view of the outside while still providing security and safety.
- Simple to Use: The sliding doors open and close with no effort due to their smooth sliding capability.
- Low Maintenance: These screens are simple to clean and need little maintenance to remain effective over time.
- Energy Efficient: They help in minimizing energy use and cooling costs during the warmer months by letting in fresh air and reducing the usage of air conditioners.
- Less Use of Bug Repellent: Bug repellents can be unpleasant to use due to their strong odour and hazardous chemicals, which can be harmful to the environment. Fly screens are sturdy options for those who are eco-friendly and want to keep their family safe from hazardous chemicals as well as insects.
- Avoid Timber Frames: Choosing aluminium window and door security screens over wooden ones helps protect the environment. Apart from being durable, aluminium is also more affordable than other options.
- Recyclable: Aluminium is an eco-friendly material due to its simplicity in recycling and low energy use. Its ability to be recycled makes it a more sustainable option than other materials.
DIY Method for Flyscreen Installation
- Take proper measurements of the sliding door, this should include the wooden panel because you will be sticking the Velcro on it for fixing the flyscreen.
- Cut the frame accordingly and polish or frame the sharp edges to avoid tearing.
- Paste or stitch the soft side of Velcro on the flyscreen and the rough side on the sliding doors.
- Now paste the flyscreen and remove it when not in use.
There are professional businesses that also offer installation services along with fly screens for doors and windows. Explore online to find the best dealer in your area.